The Data Protection Co-ordinator,
Public Appointments Service,
26-30 Abbey Street Upper,
When you register with the site or submit an application form, we create a computer record in your name. Information submitted with a job application is used in processing your application and is updated as the competition progresses.
Applications received in the course of the campaign may be made available to the relevant Minister and his\her officials\advisors so as to allow for processing and selection of a successful candidate. If successful your application may also be made available to the Human Resources section of organisation for which you have applied for the board member position.
Right of Access
PAS is aware of its obligations as a data controller with primary responsibility for, and a duty of care towards, the personal data within its control. Our obligations are set out in the GDPR and associated implementing and supplementary legislation in Ireland.
Data subjects whose personal data is held by PAS are entitled to ask PAS and receive confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning them is being processed. Where that is the case, data subjects are entitled to access the personal data as well as the following information in relation thereto:
- 1.The purposes of processing
- 2.The categories of personal data concerned
- 3.The recipients, or categories of recipients, to whom personal data has been, or will be disclosed
- 4.Where possible. the envisaged period for which personal data will be stored, or if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period
- 5.The existence of the right to request from PAS rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing personal data concerning the data subject or it object to such processing
- 6.The right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner
- 7.Where the personal data is not collected from the data subject, any available information regarding the sources
- 8.The existence of automated decision-making (including profiling) being operated on the data subject’s data, where relevant, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject
- 9.Where personal data is transferred to a third party the appropriate safeguards pursuant to the GDPR relating to such transfer.
Right of rectification or erasure
You are entitled to have personal data corrected, if inaccurate, or erased if we do not have legitimate reason for retaining it. If you wish to apply to correct or delete data, please write to the Data Protection Co-ordinator, Public Appointments Service, Chapter House, 26-30 Abbey Street Upper, Dublin 1, D01 C7W6 setting out the reasons for your request. This office will respond to you within three weeks setting out a timeframe for any corrective action on our part.
Extent of data being processed
Certain items of information not specific to any individual and/or any Recruitment Campaign may be extracted from computer records for general statistical purposes.
If you visit our site to read or download information, we collect and store the following information:
- The name of the domain from which you access our site
- The date and time you access our site
- The Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site.
The above information is used by software programs on our website to create summary statistics which allow us to assess the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, identify what information is of most and least interest, determine technical design specifications, monitor system performance, and help us make our site more useful to visitors.
We are committed to providing secure online services. As such, all interactions with our transactional sites are protected through encryption that complies with international standards. Our Internet servers are protected by firewalls and intrusion detection systems. These servers are not accessible from outside the room in which they are housed, access to which is restricted to authorised personnel only.
We have also employed the services of independent security experts to advise us on the security of our systems.